Personal information we collect from you
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details, to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, or fill out a form on our site.
How we use your information
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features, in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better respond to your service requests.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To follow up after correspondence with you (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How we protect your information
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities, in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider, and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Our use of 'cookies'
• Help remember and process the items in your shopping cart.
• Understand your preferences for future visits.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions, in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies in your browser:
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site, but we may do so in the future.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
In compliance with CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
You can change your personal information by emailing us at any time.
Do Not Track Signals
We honor Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
In accordance with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email within 7 business days of our discovering the breach.
We will notify you via in-site notification within 1 business day of discovering the breach.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives you the right to have emails stopped from being sent to you, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can
• Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and/or
• email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
Lulu Carpenter's Cafe, Inc.
255A Mount Hermon Road
Scotts Valley, CA 95066